Scholars Speak gives students the opportunity to write, illustrate, and present on a wide variety of topics! To the right are the documents which introduce Scholars Speak (rubric, epaper, and monthly prompts).
Here's what students will be expected to do:
1. Write a short essay (2-3 paragraphs) that directly answers the monthly prompt.
2. Draw a colorful/detailed picture using colored pencils to go along with your writing.
3. Sign up for a presentation date.
4. Practice reading your essay orally before the day of your presentation. Practice at home in front of a mirror or family. In addition, call in to our google classroom phone number and read it aloud to me (don't worry if you get cut off - read until the voicemail ends). (424) 262-0936
5. On the day of your presentation you will place your drawing under the document camera for your classmates to see. You will read your essay aloud. See the Scholars Speak rubric for reminders on strong oral speaking skills.
Our Tentative Schedule:
We Come From Everywhere - due the week of September 24th
Native Cultures - due the week of November 5th
Explorers - due the week of December 3rd
Freeze a Moment - due the week of January 22nd
Genius Talks - due the week of February 25th
Current Event -or- Problem/Solution - due the week of March 25th
Share a Poem - due the week of April 22nd
Women in History - due the week of May 20th
Introduce an Artist - due the week of June 3rd