Scholars Speak gives students the opportunity to write, illustrate, and present on a wide variety of topics! To the right are the documents which introduce Scholars Speak (rubric, epaper, and monthly prompts).
Here's what students will be expected to do:
1. Write a short essay (2-3 paragraphs) that directly answers the monthly prompt.
2. Draw a colorful/detailed picture using colored pencils to go along with your writing.
3. Sign up for a presentation date.
4. Practice reading your essay orally before the day of your presentation. Practice at home in front of a mirror or family. In addition, call in to our google classroom phone number and read it aloud to me (don't worry if you get cut off - read until the voicemail ends). (424) 262-0936
5. On the day of your presentation you will share your drawing for your classmates to see. You will read your essay aloud/almost memorized by the day of the presentation. See the Scholars Speak rubric for reminders on strong oral speaking skills.
Our Tentative Schedule:
Native Cultures - November
Explorers - December
Freeze a Moment - January
Genius Talks - February
Current Event -or- Problem/Solution - March
Share a Poem - April
Women in History - May
Introduce an Artist - June